Friday, November 11, 2016

ROBIN SNYDERS THE COMICS IV

ROBIN SNYDERS THE COMICS IV

Tsk! Tsk! Whatever Happened To Common Sense?
(The Comics, July 1999; reprinted in Avenging World, 2002)
by Steve Ditko
 
Steve Ditko comics can be obtained from Robin Snyder at:
3745 Canterbury Lane #81, Bellingham, WA, 98225-1186, or
 SnyderandDitko [at] icloud [dot] com
All available Steve Ditko books are listed here. 

DAVE SIM:
Tom Peirce also wrote that I said "women are leeches of male light and incapable of rational thought".

They certainly CAN be leeches of male light and I think thats worth cautioning young men about.  I wish someone had cautioned me.  "She aint pretty she just looks that way".  But I dont think I ever suggested that female voids are an inescapable inevitability.  Saying that they exist, I dont think Im telling anyone they didnt already know about a dear friend of theirs who just wont let himself see what/who it is that hes gotten involved with.

[although the NATIONAL POST has yet to so much as mention anything about it, Sandeep has been keeping me posted on Johnny Depps latest adventure in those areas.  Its not something Ive made up because I have an unreasoning hatred for women:  its a not-uncommon reality that I think is becoming less uncommon as the Feminist Theocracy gets a stranglehold on our society]

"Unlike Sim, Ditkoism promotes rational thought and self-awareness regardless of gender."

I think its worth pointing out that the Feminist Theocracy DOESNT do that.  "Believe the Women" as a hard and fast rule isnt rational given the incidents where women have demonstrably been proven to have lied to the judicial detriment of innocent men.  Ive always championed rational thought -- but I think Im safe in saying that carte blanche "Believe the women" isnt remotely rational.  Except in case like Bill Cosby and Bill Clinton where the sheer numbers make "Believe the women" the ONLY rational response.

Although I would agree with Mr. Peirce that Ditko, to the best of his abilities, does believe in rational thought, he doesnt see himself as a promoter, I dont think.  If you write him a letter, hell explain to you where and how he disagrees with you.  But its strictly between you and him.  Someone who "promotes" a view doesnt see it that way.

I cant say that theres very much that Ditko wrote to me that he hasnt said any number of different ways in his creative works and in his concise essays that Robin Snyder has published.  Hes addressed the whole quitting SPIDER-MAN thing very concisely and very consistently -- in THE COMICS.  The idea that he hasnt address it comes from people like Blake Bell who think they have a right to be addressed directly because theyre Ditko fans and they write unauthorized books about him.  If you want to know what Ditko thinks, Robin Snyder is the guy to write and cheque to.  "Here. Heres Ditko."

The point of Objectivism is to start with "A is A" and keep it from getting too much more complicated than that:  complications bearing the blight of subjectivism.

In my experience and after extended correspondence with him, Ditko doesnt believe in any kind of "Ditkoism"(Mr. Peirces term)...or Objectivism...or Ayn Rand...specifically.  His philosophy issues from Aristotle.  To the extent that Objectivism and Rand conform to his perceptions of Aristotle philosophy, he subscribes to them.

I cant be an Objectivist, by definition, because I believe in God.  But I certainly admire what Objectivism endeavours to do:  to develop a methodology by which the nature of objective reality can be determined and to then propagate that methodology.

I believe in Objective Reality but I believe that it is only accurately perceived by God.  Everything else is subjective.  Thus, my own bottom line: "Well find out on Judgement Day" and "God will not wrong you so much as the husk of a datestone."

So, that was very much the "row I was hoeing" in writing to Ditko.  Not surprisingly, he was having none of it and a spirited discussion resulted.

[phone message from Jeff Seiler just before I came in here:  John Lougher, one of the core SPACE guys has just passed.  Sincere condolences to his family.  As Jeff said, he was definitely "one of us" for the period when I was ignoring being a pariah and attended selected public functions.  He never said much, but when he did, it always was worth listening to]  


Go to link Download